Goodbye 2022, Hello 2023!
As 2022 comes to an end and we welcome the new year, we've been reflecting on what an outstanding year it's been, which wouldn't have been possible without the support from our Reading Plus partner schools, teachers, students, and our staff. Thank you for an incredible year!
A round-up of 2022 at Reading Solutions
As 2022 comes to an end and we welcome the new year, we’ve been reflecting on what an outstanding year it’s been, which wouldn’t have been possible without the support from our Reading Plus partner schools, teachers, students, and our staff. Thank you for an incredible year!
This year we launched our vision and mission. We partner with schools to support students reading development, inspire a lasting love of reading, and ensure each child has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
This year we have supported 1150 schools in the UK and UAE, including academies such as:
Our Partner Plus support team helped implement and provided tailored ongoing support, training, and pedagogic advice throughout the year.
We are dedicated to supporting our partner schools to make the most of Reading Plus. Our on-hand team was available on call and by email to answer questions, pick up any issues, and constantly find new ways to make users have a smoother introductory time to Reading Plus.
Thank you to our Partner Plus team, who worked tirelessly this year.
Last academic year, we concluded our Reading Plus efficacy study in collaboration with Derby Research School and Spencer Academies Trust.
The study ran for the 21/22 academic year and involved 470 Y6 students from six Spencer Academy Trust schools.
Three schools used Reading Plus, and three schools acted as a comparison-controlled group with no access to the programme. Standardised tests were used at three points in the study for data comparison.
Top-level results showed:
Click here to read the full study report to see the impact of Reading Plus on students’ fluency and comprehension.
In the spirit of establishing a positive reading environment, sharing ideas, and creating a space for educators to connect, we launched two free events and various competitions for students and educators alike. Including:
- The International Reading Conference 2022 – A free conference for Teachers, Senior Leaders and Multi Academy Trust Leaders to hear from and network with thought leaders in education, literacy experts, and Edtech specialists on best practices to encourage students to become confident, lifelong learners. Catch up
- Be World Class – A free CPD session designed for Multi Academy Trust Executives, Senior Leaders, and aspiring leaders to hear from and engage with experts to align, empower, and engage their staff. Watch the webinar here.
- Reading Plus Awards – We wanted to showcase students, staff and whole school communities who made extraordinary achievements with Reading Plus in the 2021-22 academic year. So, we launched the first-ever Reading Plus Awards. Congratulations to all our winners! Find out more about the awards here.
- Christmas Poetry Competition – We gave a school a chance to Win Reading Plus for one class through our poetry competition. Students had to submit a poem entitled ‘What Christmas Means to Me’, and we had over 300 entries! Congratulations to Jack Jolly, age 11, from Meadow Park School. Find out more here.
Our teams in all areas across the company have expanded, and in 2022 we said hello to 13 new fantastic staff members.
Meet our newest members who started this year:
Thanks to the kindness of our staff, we have donated and raised money for important charitable causes throughout the year, such as
- Macmillan Coffee Morning
- Save the Children
- Mission Christmas – Cash for Kids
- Children’s Literature Festivals Book Awards
- Digital Poverty Alliance
- Voices for Children Ukraine
- Period Poverty
We are delighted to have been shortlisted as finalists in some incredible awards.
Bett Awards 2022 for our partnership with Sunnyside Spencer Academy in the ‘Collaboration with a School category.’
Education Resource Awards, for the categories:
- Collaboration between a school & supplier award
- Supplier of the year – £1 million to £10 million annual turnover
North East Marketing Awards 2022, in the categories of
- Marketing Director of the Year (winners)
- Marketer of the Year
- Marketing Team of the Year
We look forward to 2023 and partnering with more schools to enable every child to achieve their full potential. Thank you for a remarkable 2022, and we hope you continue your 2023 journey with us.