Could your student be our next Reading Plus Champion?
The Reading Plus Champion role is for students who are passionate about reading and would enjoy additional reading challenges!
Nominations for 2023/24 are now closed.
We are looking for ten students across KS2-KS4 to become our Champions for this academic year.
Selected students will have the opportunity to complete several reading tasks, including:
- Reviewing new (and unseen!) texts to be added to the Reading Plus.
- Sharing your experience of Reading Plus in a blog titled ‘My Reading Plus Journey’.
- Collaborating with us on interviews with children’s authors.
- Expanding your reading further with new books outside of Reading Plus and reviewing them for us to share on our website.
Reading Plus Champions will also receive a special kit containing:
- A £25 book voucher and bookmark – to expand their reading outside Reading Plus.
- A reading journal, pen, highlighter, and stickers – to write their book reviews (or even their own stories!)
- An age-appropriate book and review template – for their first book review task.
- A Reading Plus text and review template – for their first review of new and unseen Reading Plus texts.
They will also find a badge and certificate to recognise and celebrate their fantastic achievement!
Reading Plus Champions must have parental consent for their name, age, photo, and school name to be used in promotional activities.
Your school must have a Reading Plus licence to nominate a Reading Plus Champion.
We are extremely proud of our two Reading Plus Champions. They inspire all the other pupils within the school, and we cannot wait for them to start their new position. Lilah and Isaac are thrilled about their new roles. Upon receiving their kits, they were ecstatic. They could not believe they received a £25 book token each - one has already been spent!
Keep an eye out for our upcoming announcement introducing our 2023/24 Reading Plus Champions!