A structured implementation process
Starting Reading Plus with a clear, logical, and well-specified plan is the key to sustainable and scalable programme implementation. A dedicated Reading Development Consultant at Reading Solutions UK will work with you to provide a bespoke implementation plan suited to your students.
A structured staff training plan is then rolled out class by class, or year group by year, depending on your needs. This is usually several short sessions with specific and measurable objectives. Additional support is provided via our customer care team, Partner Plus, and a dedicated Resources Hub.
Here are some of the ways our customers’ timetable and encourage Reading Plus in their schools:
- Every morning the teachers display the programme on the screen, showing the weekly usage for children to see their progress.
- Reading sessions and interventions happen each morning between 8:40 and 9:30. The interventions happen using skill builders or 1:1 reading.
- When children finish reading a story, they put their percentages on a ladder the classes have on a wall to keep children accountable.
- Reading is celebrated at all times. Teachers look at the programme data and see who is achieving well or made some progress, and the student is celebrated. The celebration can be verbal praise, a certificate, or a hot chocolate, amongst other things.
Front Street Primary School:
- In preparation for SATs, Year 6 pupils come into school at 8.30 am for Reading Plus intervention sessions.
- For other groups, Reading Plus is timetabled across the day.
- Reading Plus reports are used to identify pupils who need intervention. They then tailor personalised or group intervention based on the student’s reading needs.
- Students use Reading Plus outside of timetabled sessions as much as they want. Many choose to use the programme during their breaks and lunchtimes. They are keen to achieve combos, targets, and subsequent levels without prompting because of the freedom of use.
- Initially, they used Reading Plus only in Year 6, but now they use it as an intervention in Year 5 to prepare students for Y6 and the change in the pace of learning.
Want to take a closer look at Reading Plus?
Make an enquiry
Whether you need customer support, want us to call you back,
want to book a demo, or request a pilot for your school - we're here to help.