Use the Class Benchmark Report to analyse growth over time based on InSight assessment results.Download
A teacher's guide to the Reading Plus reporting suite
Reading Plus provides teachers quick access to a complete suite of reports showing usage and progress at student, class, and school levels.
This guide explains how to access the various reports on the programme and how to interpret the data. As usual, if you have any follow-up questions or require further reports training, please get in touch with our Partner Plus Customer Support Team.
Class Use Report (Usage tab)
The Class Use Report makes it easy to ensure students complete their weekly reading assignments. You can view:
- The average number of reading lessons per student.
- When a student was last logged in.
- The average number of weekly minutes spent on reading and vocabulary tasks.
- The percentage of reading assignments completed with 80% or higher comprehension.
Class Reading Progress Report (Progress tab)
The Class Reading Progress Report provides a comprehensive picture of students’ efficiency/fluency gains and reading level gains in the Reading component. You can view:
- The number of reading lessons students have completed.
- Average rate gains (words per minute) based on reading lessons completed.
- Average year-level gains based on reading lessons completed.
- The percentage of students reading below, at, and above year-level expectations.
Class Leaderboard Report (Motivation tab)
The Class Leaderboard Report shows each student’s reading data for the identified time period. Teachers can use this information to develop motivation strategies for a whole class or for individual students. You can view each student’s:
- Total number of completed reading lessons (SeeReader).
- The number of reading lessons completed with 80% or higher comprehension.
- Total words read.
- Average comprehension score for completed Reading lessons
- Words per minute rate gain in the Guided Window.
- Year-level gain in the Reading component.
Class Screening Report (Assessment tab)
The Class Screening Report displays which students:
- Can benefit from Reading Plus as an intervention.
- Are proficient but can benefit from Reading Plus as
- Are either borderline or not ready for fluency/efficiency development in the Reading component.
Student Skills Summary Report (Skills tab)
Teachers can use the Student Skills Summary Report to analyse a student’s relative strengths and weaknesses across the nine Anchor Skills, track skill development, and identify skills that could benefit from additional instruction and support.
Class Skill Support Report (Skills tab)
The Class Skill Support Report groups students who are struggling with the same comprehension subskills such as making inferences, or predicting outcomes. There are links to Teaching Tools such as lesson plans and worksheets that can be used for intervention.
Skills Summary Conversion Report (Skills tab)
On Reading Plus, there are 9 Anchor Skills which link to the KS2 reading content domains.
Teachers can use the Skills Summary Conversion Report to see:
- How Anchor Skills relate to KS2 reading domains.
- The weightings of content domain skills (retrieval, inference, etc.) in past SATs papers.
Make an enquiry
Whether you need customer support, want us to call you back,
want to book a demo, or request a pilot for your school - we're here to help.