Walking in a Winter Wonderland…
Enter our free Festive Poem Competition to be in with a chance of winning Reading Plus for your school.
Brr-illiant printable resources
We’ve created a host of cool resources to support your class in their poem-writing process.
Lesson ideas for your class
Use these class discussion questions to inspire your students’ imaginations and snowball some ideas for their ‘Winter Wonderland’ poems.
- What is your favourite part about Winter? Why?
- What activities do you like to do in the Winter?
- What holiday traditions do you have?
- What holidays do you celebrate during Winter? How do you celebrate them?
- What is your most magical holiday memory?
- What is your favourite Arctic animal? Why?
Helpful links exploring the Winter season, some brr-illiant Winter facts, and what Winter looks like around the world:
- BBC Bitesize: How well do you know these legendary winter figures?
- BBC Bitesize: How winter works: Six Winter Mysteries Solved
- BBC Bitesize: The history and science of snowmen
- BBC Bitesize: Cool wintry words from around the world
- BBC Bitesize: What is Christmas?
- Twinkl: Christmas around the world
- National Geographic Kids: Winter Celebrations around the world
Proud to support the Digital Poverty Alliance
We’re thrilled to once again be supporting the Digital Poverty Alliance in achieving their vision of living in a world that enables everyone to access the life-changing benefits of digital technology.
Did you know?
- 26% of young people do not have access to a laptop or similar device.
- 53% of people offline can’t afford an average monthly broadband bill.
- 1 in 5 children home-schooling during the pandemic did not have access to an appropriate device like a laptop.
To discover more ways to support, visit digitalpovertyalliance.org